Wednesday, April 20, 2011

April 20th, 2011

Here I am, up early, facing the middle of the week.  Today is an "early release" day, so classes are shorter and then we have some professional development.

Waking up early this year has been my saving grace.  I cannot stand to be rushed for time and I cannot stand to be late.  Since my mom's death, the only way I could face work this year was to counter it by waking up really early and getting a lot done in the morning.  It has worked out really great for me, and I have come to love waking up early.  Usually calls for a nap later in the day.  =)

So today is day 17 of lacto-ovo and I feel great about it.  No problems whatsoever, and it amazes me that when I eat meat that I am such a carnivore.  It is so easy for me to not eat it at all but not to moderate (common life theme).

I think this is the anniversary of Columbine.  What a crazy, crazy event that was. I often wonder if society created those kids....that was a weird time, and times seem to be getting weirder, but we have to ward off that feeling of wanting to become cocooned.

No comments:

Post a Comment