Yesterday and this whole weekend have been amazing. I have gotten so much rest and have really purified myself of these medications and just feel amazing. Also yesterday was week 3 of no meat, which was a little hard because of Easter but I made it. This week I have to start on eating more low-fat vegetarian, meaning I need to cut out the cheese as much. I have leaned on it, but now it has got to go if I am to lose weight.
I have a lot of stuff to do today, but that is good. I am in the mood to be productive. I have to go meet a friend for lunch, have to buy some pants and a gift for a wedding, organize my data notebook for school, grade some papers, and get ready for school. I also promised I would mail a friend a cd so I have to go to the post office, which I HATE.
I have been having random, but AMAZING dreams lately. I have read a lot that benzos suppress REM sleep and it must be true because the whole weekend my dreaming has been intense and comprises A LOT of my sleep. I wake up feeling rested and I have not napped in a week. I think my body was telling me it was ready. I am still shocked, though, how easily I was able to get off the Valium. I guess it is because I only took it for 9 or 10 months and I had the other drug for 2 weeks to mask any ill effects. But today is day 10 of no Valium so it is 100% out of my system. What an accomplishment. I have had the monkey of these drugs on my back for a long time and now I feel free. The sky even looked bluer yesterday.
I am ready to finish out the school year. I think I will have a lot of fun and be SOOO appreciative of the time off. I will do my final reflecting about my mom (even though that is a lifelong thing) and I will really, really get serious in that gym. I am ready. I have said that for a long time, but I really am, especially with these meds out of my system. Gonna be a great day! From now on I will probably do a summary-of-the-day blog at the end of the day to mark my accomplishments and note any standout moments of the day.
MY VISION IS BACK. I am reading and typing this with no glasses....definitely the medicine, which is SCARY if you think about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment