Friday, April 22, 2011

April 22, 2011

     Today is Good Friday.  I wish I could feel more religiously.  I do feel spiritual, but I guess the realities of the world and the crazy people of the world have given religion itself a bad spin for me.  But I do feel some sort of connection to a higher power.  As Simon Le Bon once put it, I guess I feel the same.  I am a "hopeful agnostic." That is about the best I can do at this point in my life.
     I am very excited to have a four day weekend and look forward to really taking advantage of it.  Tomorrow I will go to the gym for the first time in a very very long time.  I don't care if I just darken the door, I am going.
     I have also decided to add no drinking to one of my promises for my 40th year.  I loved going 10 months without it, and I think it will be the perfect goal to have in tandem with going lacto-ovo the whole year.  Speaking of, Sunday will be 3 weeks of that and it is going great.  I just need to ramp up my recipes now and eat less cheese and fat.
     I wrote a letter to a special someone and just mailed it at 7:21 this morning.  This is a letter that needed to be written 13 years ago but I finally got the courage to send it since they are in a safe place to receive it.  Very deep letter to the love of my life.  A love that could not and will not ever be, but needed to be sent for some sort of closure....but would I consider this person if they ever showed up on my doorstep?  Yes...so what does that say?
     So much is going on with me right now and I feel fantastic, like tons of changes are gurgling and taking place. I am enjoying this blog and am just going to freely share my feelings on here.....like an open journal.
     Had insomnia last night...not uncommon for me, but I think it is also because I feel such changes afoot.....butterflies, ya know.
   Right now I am listening to "Marooned" by Pink Floyd--one of my favorite songs of all time and a song that brings me back to 1994 and the Pink Floyd concert with that special someone.  Wow, the power of song to bring you back in space and time.  Not sure you can ever love a different person in the same way as the first....

No comments:

Post a Comment